Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jen22201
Channel Surfer

Re: Show on Roku Channel not playing

Season 1, episodes 8 and 9

The show isn’t able to play again after a commercial break.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jen22201 

Thanks for the information.

We're currently unable to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

If you experience this issue again, please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-channel version/build (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jen22201
Channel Surfer

As mentioned previously, it's the Roku Channel on both of my Samsung Smart TVs, not a Roku device.

It happens with every episode - it's unable to return from the commercial break.

Coincidentally, I had tried to add the Roku Channel on my Roku device but couldn't actually find the Roku Channel in the Roku App Store.

0 Kudos
DM100
Reel Rookie

I would like to hop on this complaint.  The film on the Roku channel that will not stream without freezing that I am having difficulty with is “Knight of Cups”.  ALL other films play fine, and even the advertisements attached to this film play fine.  It is not my Roku device.  It must be on your end. 

David Mackres 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Jen22201 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DM100 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing. Is there a specific time when this issue happens during the film?

If you experience this issue again, please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-channel version/build (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
E_S

I have the same problem (from what I can tell).

I have a premiere, model 3920, running 9.4.0, build 4200-91.  We had periodically been watching Lost in space from the Roku channel.  Now, whether we click to continue, or pick another episode (out of sequence: we were in season 1, episode 11), it flashes the "loading" message, then returns to the basic screen - it doesn't load.  We have not used the Roku channel for other tv series, so don't know if it's isolated to only this show, or for any sequential shows.  Thanks for helping

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @E_S,

Thanks for the post.

We're aware of the issue and it's currently under investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update is available and I'll be sure to let the Community know.
Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
JRuiz

I’m having the same issue. Here’s my info:

roku tv c231x

heinsen 65r6+
serial number x00100emags4

in terms of shows it’s about 95% of what I try to watch just refreshes the screen with the Play button.   

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JRuiz

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the content that you are trying to watch? Can you provide titles of what you are trying to view and are seeing this issue occur?

With more information we will be able to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos