Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Shout Factory TV Channel stopped working today

I started the Shout Factory TV channel today and its title screen comes up and goes right back to the Roku Home Menu.  I tried on two different sets with Roku boxes at different times and the same thing happens.  System software is up to date. I deleted Shout Factory TV and reinstalled it on the Roku and the same thing happens. Does this mean Roku has discontinued Shout Factory TV?
0 Kudos
27 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Shout Factory TV Channel stopped working today

"1775" wrote:
I started the Shout Factory TV channel today and its title screen comes up and goes right back to the Roku Home Menu.  I tried on two different sets with Roku boxes at different times and the same thing happens.  System software is up to date. I deleted Shout Factory TV and reinstalled it on the Roku and the same thing happens. Does this mean Roku has discontinued Shout Factory TV?

It’s more likely a Shout Factory TV issue and not a Roku issue.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Williamt100
Level 8

"1775" wrote:

I'm experiencing the same issue.  Deleting, rebooting, re-installing and restarting doesn't seem to do anything -- must be a server issue.
Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos
Level 7

I have emailed Shout Factory TV to find out what is going on?  I am hoping that Roku has not dropped Shout Factory TV!
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"1775" wrote:
I have emailed Shout Factory TV to find out what is going on?  I am hoping that Roku has not dropped Shout Factory TV!

If it was dropped, it would be removed from the Channel Store. It’s not been dropped.

Shout Factory is acting up on Roku and on Apple TV. It’s a Shout Factory thing. Like you were told earlier.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
fonzy35
Level 8

The Shout Factory tv (red and black letter, free version) doesn't work anymore. It start to open but it comes back to the roku menu screen.
The new version Shout Factory tv (black letters) it's the the preminium subscription in theRokuChannel at $2.99 per months after 7 days free trial
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"fonzy35" wrote:
The Shout Factory tv (red and black letter, free version) doesn't work anymore. It start to open but it comes back to the roku menu screen.
The new version Shout Factory tv (black letters) it's the the preminium subscription in theRokuChannel at $2.99 per months after 7 days free trial

As of this writing, the Shout Factory TV app has not been removed from the Roku Channel Store not from the Apple TV App Store.

That's not to say ShoutFactory isn't moving to a subscription model, but they are still offering their free app in two major app stores.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Level 7

It is still being offered as a free channel on Roku but it does not work.  A number of the television series that are offered on Shout have now shown up on Tubi. 
0 Kudos
fonzy35
Level 8

"DBDukes" wrote:
"fonzy35" wrote:

As of this writing, the Shout Factory TV app has not been removed from the Roku Channel Store not from the Apple TV App Store.

That's not to say ShoutFactory isn't moving to a subscription model, but they are still offering their free app in two major app stores.

Yes iI still got it install, but it doesn't work 
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone! 

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior that you're seeing with that channel. We'd recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional assistance. 

I've also passed along your reports to our team to share with the channel provider and request that they take a look. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos