Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tvcommander
Reel Rookie

Should I buy a new roku stick? Which one?

Should I get a new roku stick to solve this problem? Which one? The problem:  am getting the same error message on 3 different channels on roku: Netflix, prime and row8. It says "We are having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title. tvq-pb-101."  I don't think it is an issue related to these channels because it involves multiple channels and the problem started at the same time in all 3 channels. I think it may be a roku issue. Does this make sense? I have restarted roku. I have uninstalled those channels and reinstalled them. I have successfully tried Netflix on a different device and I don't get that error message. Please advise. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Should I buy a new roku stick? Which one?

Be aware that this is the only correct way to remove/reinstall an app:

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

Many people don't do all three steps, or don't do them in that order. Confirm you did all three steps in that order.

Of course, you can get a new Roku Stick+ if you want, particularly if you have a really old device. But ensuring you did the remove/reinstall correctly might save you some money.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

That's really strange, because when I search for that error code (tvq-pb-101), everything points to Netflix.  Ie: Netflix on Samsung TV, Netflix on Firestick, Netflix on nvidia, Netflix on Tivo….

Here's Netflix's own error page about it:

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/58817

I don't see the other two channels mentioned.  In any case, I'd try the Netflix page above, first and see if Netflix can be fixed, and then move on to the other channels. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Exactly which model Stick do you have? If it's the purple one (model 3500), while it's still officially supported by Roku it's underpowered for many of the latest channels. If it's a 3400, it is no longer supported. If it's newer than that, then the suggestions that @DBDukes offered might do the trick.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Tvcommander
Reel Rookie

Uninstalling the dysfunctional apps (channels) then rebooting the roku stick then reinstalling worked. Thanks so much for your help.

0 Kudos
callie2
Reel Rookie

My current Roku works but I got a notice that ESPN 2 would no longer be supported as of Dec. 1, 2022. I bought a new Roko. Should I uninstall the old one or leave it on and install the new one in my husbands name and information?

MW

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

That depends on your preference.  If you have multiple TVs or specifically like something about the older Roku, then you can keep it around.  Or you can disconnect it from your account and do a factory reset on it, and give it to some place like Goodwill or recycle/e-cycle it.

In most cases, it’s best to connect multiple rokus within a home to the same account. 

0 Kudos