Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gilligan8
Level 7

Sharp roku tv audio cuts in and out only on youtube

Just as the subject says.

No problems in Netflix, prime, roku channel, or anything else.  But in youtube the audio will "skip" or cut out (hard to put in words).  But the video plays and the audio goes in and out for about 1 second or 2 and then it's fine.

Will do this evertpy 10-30 seconds randomly.

Very annoying.

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Sharp roku tv audio cuts in and out only on youtube

Thanks for the note. 

Try removing the YouTube channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then, restart your Roku device. Once it loads up again, add the YouTube channel back once more from 'Streaming channels' and try your content again. If you're still running into the issue, you might try connecting your device to a different HDMI port on the TV to test if the same issue occurs. If so, you'll want to contact YouTube support to report the issue within their channel, and request additional assistance. You can reach them directly here: www.twitter.com/teamyoutube

If you need more help, feel free to PM me and I'll see how else we may be able to assist you. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"Gilligan8" wrote:
Just as the subject says.

No problems in Netflix, prime, roku channel, or anything else.  But in youtube the audio will "skip" or cut out (hard to put in words).  But the video plays and the audio goes in and out for about 1 second or 2 and then it's fine.

Will do this evertpy 10-30 seconds randomly.

Very annoying.

Any ideas?

I experienced a similar issue last fall. It was irritating. Then, it cleared up. Never found out what was causing it, other than it began on YouTube. It cleared up after I got v9.0 on my device (Ultra model 4660). Software v9.0 is rolling out to Roku TV devices this quarter. Perhaps yours will clear up when you go from 8.2 to 9.0
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Gilligan8
Level 7

Thanks for the advice and information.

I'll give it a try.
0 Kudos