Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tina06260

Shahid for TCL TVs but not ROKU TCL

Shahid is available for TCL smart TVs BUT not if it’s a Roku TV. Is there any update on when roku will be getting the Shahid channel? Honestly regret getting the Roku TV it’s limited channel offers. If it’s not a main stream channel prob won’t find it here. 

5 REPLIES 5
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Shahid for TCL TVs but not ROKU TCL

With more than 4000 Roku channels, they must go a bit beyond just mainstream.  As for updates, you should ask Shahid about that.  Out of those > 4000 channels, Roku Inc. only developed 1 or 2.  The rest are developed and operated by the networks/content providers.  So, it's really up to Shahid to have an interest in the Roku platform.

Zman1983
Reel Rookie

Roku Support,

I don't understand why Roku TV owners have been asking for "Shahid" App on their Roku TVs for over 2 years but not one response from Roku support.
The only reason I switched from Samsung to this platform, is the diverse ecosystem of the Roku space.
Unfortunately, it looks like Roku suffers from the same limited channel issue as Samsung.
This is Unacceptable, I guess it's time to dump Rocku as well.

Thank you

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Zman1983, for the most part Roku doesn't create the channels/apps; they only provide the platform.  If you'd like a channel/app from a particular provider reach out to that provider and tell them to create a channel/app for Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Zman1983
Reel Rookie

I appreciate the response, thank you.

But wouldn't Roku like to approach MBC.com and request that they port some of their content to Roku.

MBC is a conglomerate in the middle east streaming business and Roku should pursue their partnership.

0 Kudos
demsd
Roku Guru

@Zman1983 wrote:

But wouldn't Roku like to approach MBC.com and request that they port some of their content to Roku.

MBC is a conglomerate in the middle east streaming business and Roku should pursue their partnership.

Apparently Shahid isn't interested in reaching Roku users.

You'd be better off contacting Shahid and ask them to develop a channel. Couldn't hurt to ask other people interested in Shahid to also contact them.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos