Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe color/contrast distortion while Plex-streaming HEVC+EAC3 videos.

3 Replies
Level 14

Re: Severe color/contrast distortion while Plex-streaming HEVC+EAC3 videos.

Assuming you have the latest firmware (9.4.1-4212) you'll want to report this directly to Roku:

Chat or email:  https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options  (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

and/or message @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Hello, wondering if you were ever able to get this resolved. I'm experiencing something similar, with HEVC+EAC3 videos having high contrast. If I set the Plex app to transcode to 720p then the colors are correct, but then the video has to buffer frequently and is unwatchable. Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Level 7

No.  They never fixed it, so I gave up and returned it for a refund.  They claimed to have made a patch for me but when I installed the firmware update it made zero difference.  Very disappointed, and I think it's totally unethical for them to put a product on the market that can't do what it claims to do.  Those are mainstream codecs.  I had a $29 Android TV box from China that could handle EAC3 and HEVC just fine.  Also, there were about a dozen other minor bugs/flaws that a professional product should never go to market with.  It's like they just don't care.  I continued to ask the Roku customer service for help and all I got was the generic 'we are investigating' w/ no followup.  I don't think I'll ever buy anything from Roku again. 

0 Kudos