Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crosis47
Reel Rookie

Re: I think I may have this mystery solved

Same here. My HEVC 10-bit files are all still overly saturated

0 Kudos
Ahslan
Binge Watcher

Re: I think I may have this mystery solved

I finally caved and bought myself an Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k Max. It came down to buying a previous year Roku model (like a Streaming Stick+) or a brand new Amazon stick (the price difference was $5). Not only was I having this HEVC problem on my brand new Express+ 4k, but Netflix streams would frequently become very jittery, forcing me to have to exit out of the stream and relaunch hoping it would smooth out. Never had a single issue with Netflix on my Roku 3...anyway, this has been by far the worst Roku experience I've had and I'm sad to leave the Roku platform on one of my main displays. The Fire stick, so far, has no such issues with HEVC content (was the first thing I tested) and Netflix but will definitely keep an eye on everything. I still have a Roku Streaming Stick+ for my other TV that I've been very happy with, but unfortunately, it looks like with this latest release of hardware, Roku's just aren't the same...

0 Kudos
mmausler
Reel Rookie

Re: Severe color/contrast distortion while Plex-streaming HEVC+EAC3 videos.

This is fixed for me on Roku version 10.5.0 build 4201 with forced Direct Play in Plex settings.

0 Kudos
CJLDAD
Binge Watcher

What bit level are you HEVC files?  Default is probably 8 bit unless you tell it otherwise.. 

I need to test further, but looks like it can't handle 10 bit correctly still.. 

0 Kudos
nb139o
Channel Surfer

Anyone have any luck with this? new updates that have fixed the issue? Still seeing the issue here on my end.

0 Kudos
mmausler
Reel Rookie

@CJLDAD

mediainfo dump here says its 10bit https://pastebin.com/dpPgenAp

0 Kudos
CJLDAD
Binge Watcher

I'm encoding a new file with 8 bit tonight and will test..  

0 Kudos
nb139o
Channel Surfer

I also was forced to purchase an amazon fire stick. Only for the reason of playing x265 files properly. What a shame... The firs stick layout is terrible with ads everywhere, but it works. I hope roku fixes this soon!

darknmy
Channel Surfer

Roku Streaming Stick 4k 2021 EAC3 playback

I have the new Roku Streaming Stick 4k 2021 and unable to play EAC3 audio.

Under Settings > audio I can select: auto, dolby, dts...

0 Kudos
wrenchmonkey
Reel Rookie

Was this ever resolved? I've got the same issues. It only happens during direct play. If it's a transcoded stream, it works fine. But on direct-play everything has an extremely orange hue to it.

And as others have mentioned, other players don't have any issues playing the original files.

I'm running the latest OS, and that doesn't seem to make any difference.

0 Kudos