Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryantakesnaps
Reel Rookie

Re: I think I may have this mystery solved

Just checked my 4k+

Some videos are fixed, but the issues remains on others. I guess maybe they are trying to fix it???

0 Kudos
jbe44
Channel Surfer

Do you have an example file that’s still having issues? I haven’t been able to find anything that still displays it. All of my library is 10bit HEVC, non-HDR.

0 Kudos
oneleaf
Reel Rookie

Interesting... my Roku Ultra 2020 still has this problem. But I just checked the updates, and it hasn't updated since mid-September. It also can't find any new updates. I wonder if it rolls it out slowly to devices? I'm on v10.0.0 Build 4209.

0 Kudos
ryantakesnaps
Reel Rookie

The videos are on my buddy's server. I'll try to get more info.

It looks like everything having issues is HEVC Main 10

0 Kudos
CJLDAD
Binge Watcher

Looks like the best way to get the latest software is to factory reset your device and it will offer the update.. 

I don't use my roku much anymore, so don't really care to factory reset mine to test.. 

oneleaf
Reel Rookie

Ah good to know. I'll just wait for it to be available. Thanks!

0 Kudos
alphil
Reel Rookie

I just checked my Ultra.  Software update from Nov. 10th and it looks like might have fixed the issue.  I test it with a file that was causing problems and I'm not seeing the issue anymore on it.

scottydoesntkno
Reel Rookie

Can confirm! This update works. 

Had this happening all through my Bob's Burgers seasons (and multiple other shows). After factory reset and logging back into Roku/Plex, the picture is back to normal with no issues.

I was so used to seeing them messed up it's weird viewing Bob and the family in their normal color.

Ahslan
Binge Watcher

Not working for me unfortunately. Just tested with one of my HEVC files and can confirm the issue is still happening. My Roku Express 4k+ is on 10.5.0 as of Nov 11.

0 Kudos
CJLDAD
Binge Watcher

Yeah, my ultra finally updated and I still have the same issue.. My HEVC are 10-bit...   That may be upsetting things still.. 

0 Kudos