Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwhit33
Level 7

Setting Live tv to come on

I got the roku streaming stick for my grandparents so they can watch their westerns. is it possible to have the live tv western channel come on each time they press the power button? They are not very technologically knowledgeable so I’m not sure they can navigate the home screen.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Setting Live tv to come on

@mwhit33 wrote:

I got the roku streaming stick for my grandparents so they can watch their westerns. is it possible to have the live tv western channel come on each time they press the power button? They are not very technologically knowledgeable so I’m not sure they can navigate the home screen.

The best you csn do is position that channel to be the first one shown in the channel grid.

Use direction keys to highlight channel.

Press * key on remote.

Select Move channel

Use direction keys to move channel yo drsired position

Pess Select key to lock channel into podition

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Level 12

Agreed. Press * then choose Move Channel, and move the thumbnail to the #1 spot. A step further would be to add 'Old School Social Studies Films' channel for them and make it #2. Full of old archive & public domain films.

0 Kudos
retaichraq123
Level 7

I've had Plex for a couple of years with the Plex Pass, and never use it. However, I would like to. I know that Plex has live TV support, but I can never understand how to do it. Is there any way I can get steps on how to go from it being on my desktop with basically nothing on it to streaming live TV? And assume I don't have what's needed other than a computer and internet. Kodi nox

0 Kudos