Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mace26

Season of show gone

Hi! I was watching season 4 of Bewitched and now seasons 1-4 are gone. 
Happy to see seasons 5-8, but what happened to seasons 1-4. 
thank you! 

10 REPLIES 10
twiceover
Roku Guru

Re: Season of show gone

It really depends on what channel you are talking about.  Many of them will move content around and swap content in and out depending on licensing deals.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Is this in The Roku Channel? Movies and TV shows offered there will come and go based on the contract that Roku has for providing the content. Yes, at times it seems strange that some seasons are available while others are not, but that's what they are contractually permitted to stream. 

Will the missing seasons appear at a later time? We users have no way of knowing. It's completely under the control of Roku and the providers that offer the media for streaming. And even Roku can only stream what the providers offer, even if they'd like something else. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Mace26

Yes, this is on the Roku Channel. 

0 Kudos
Mace26

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Should also add this is a new month, and shows and seasons tend to change every month.

0 Kudos

What happened to bewitched it wasn't on for a couple of days ps was it taken off I I hope it comes bake on I really enjoy watching the  shows 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Tinabrideau wrote:

What happened to bewitched it wasn't on for a couple of days ps was it taken off I I hope it comes bake on I really enjoy watching the  shows 

It's a classic show, alright. But it was on The Roku Channel for over a year. Perhaps you just didn't see it.

https://blog.roku.com/classic-tv-shows

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
atc98092

When Roku licenses media for streaming in The Roku Channel, there are limits to the length of time they can offer it. Most likely the control to stream Bewitched has expired. I expect Roku desires to rotate their content, rather than keeping the same content over a long period of time. Also remember that the contract to stream the content might have limitations on the exact seasons and episodes that can be streamed. It happens many times that not all seasons, and sometimes not even every episode in a season, will be available. That is the nature of media streaming contracts these days. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
DC123
Channel Surfer

It may have been on the Roku Channel for more than a year, but some of us have only had Roku for a few months.

Perhaps a "Leaving Soon" alert, like on "Tubi" would be helpful? I was about a dozen episodes away from finishing a 6 season run of a show, but it just disappeared a couple days ago.

0 Kudos