Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharon1
Level 7

Search Results Vudu falsely saying free

I've always relied heavily on Roku's search engine to find movies/tv shows I want to watch, either by title or an actor I am interested in.  Until today, the results have always been accurate--I believe Vudu is intentionally providing false information to Roku search, a BAIT and SWITCH tactic!  I've never had Roku list a movie channel as providing a movie free (ad supported) when it was not.  The results have been great. 

Today however, Vudu lists a movie as FREE ad supported, both in my Roku search, AND on the Vudo page search--it clearly indicates FREE, ad supported on their site, but then when you choose it, it is only offered as buy/rent.  Anyone else finding VUDU to be playing this bait and switch game? 

And is there a way to report them to Roku?  I've always found Roku's results to be accurate and once ONE COMPANY pulls **bleep** like this and gets away with it, EVERYONE will start trying to get away with it and soon the search results will be worthless!

0 Kudos