Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alphaturtle
Level 8

Screen savers

I just purchased the Halloween screen saver because, well, we love Halloween. But it's not showing up in my channels. Is it something that's just I the background and will run after a certain amount of idle time?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Screen savers

@Alphaturtle wrote:

I just purchased the Halloween screen saver because, well, we love Halloween. But it's not showing up in my channels. Is it something that's just I the background and will run after a certain amount of idle time?

Yes, that's what screen savers do.  You can set the amount of idle time at which the screen saver kicks in via Settings/Theme/Screensaver wait time.  Also note that some channels may not observe your chosen screen saver and will just use the default Roku one.

If you want to change the background on normal Roku pages (home page, etc.) you need to change the wallpaper.

Edit: I think I misunderstood.  By "not showing up in my channels" I think you're saying you don't see a tile for it in your channel grid on your Roku's home page.  If you installed it to your account via the Channel Store at roku.com it should install to your Roku the next time your unit checks for updates.  You can force an immediate update check via Settings/System/System uodate/Check now.   If it's still not there, check in Settings/Theme/Screensavers.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Alphaturtle
Level 8

Re: Screen savers

I found where it's at just before i got your reply. And you pretty much said exactly what i ended up doing. Thank you for the help though!! 

0 Kudos