Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pete1
Level 8

Screen is completely pixelated on Netflix and Amazon Prime

A few weeks ago we tried logging into Netflix and the screen was completely pixelated to the point where we couldn't log in.  We can access Netflix via the app on our Sony TV's remote so we did that and it worked fine.  I unplugged the Roku and router and rebooted and it remained an issue.  It resolved itself after 5 days or so.  Today, we experienced the same issue when trying to access Amazon Prime and Netflix is an issue as well again.  Other streaming channels appear fine.  I again tried rebooting everything  but that doesn't help. I see others complain they have some pixelating on the outer screens or a streak in the middle but this is the whole screen to the point we can't access the app/channel.  Frustrating to say the least.  Help?!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Screen is completely pixelated on Netflix and Amazon Prime

@Pete1 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Pete1
Level 8

I forgot to mention that I actually did that as well originally and it didn't work.  This time the pixilating self corrected by the next day.  We have also had intermittent connectivity issues, buffering issue and random error codes.  Not sure if it is all related but it's getting frustrating.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Pete1 

Thanks for the update.

If you are seeing error codes in a channel, you'll want to contact that channel support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Netflix and Amazon Prime Video support here:
https://help.netflix.com/en/
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jamiesmith2k
Level 7

So I had this same issue. I had removed Netflix then added it back and still same issue BUT...... What i didn't do was restart the roku before I added the channel back...so I removed it again then pressed the little reset button on the roku behind the TV and added Netflix back once it had restarted and the issue was gone! Thank you so much for the help on this it truly was frustrating but it's fixed now!