Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen goes dim after Hulu advertisements

Jump to solution

Hi @Sammijc913,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Does this happen on all movies/shows in Hulu or just specific titles?

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
You may also refer to this link: How do I resolve channel playback issues? - Roku
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.

You can reach Hulu support here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US 

Please keep us posted.
Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My older plug in time and phone work fine for Hulu. It's only my Hisense smart tv with built-in Roku that is a problem. I think there's a compatibility between the two and they need to work together to resolve.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Meagain5116,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community.

We'd like to investigate and try to help. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Are all other streaming channels playing content normally? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to try to resolve this issue?

If you haven't tried the solutions that were previously provided, I recommend you do so.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have reset tv. Home five times, up, reverse two, forward two. Deleted Hulu, unplugged tv for 20 minutes. Restarted, downloaded. Still going dark. I can hit picture setting after each commercial and it works but has to done every time. I've done everything suggested in above thread and more.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Meagain5116,

Thanks for the follow-up.
If the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to that channel publisher directly to share your feedback.

You can reach Hulu support here: https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US 

Let me know how it goes!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have the same issue every time I watch the great. Tv goes dim after every ad. I have reset with the reset button and it still continues to do it. It only does it on my hisense tiki tv though. It does not do it on my front room tv that is not a smart tv

Jump to solution

Also after the screen is dim if you press fast forward or rewind the little picture icon of the shows current screen at that time show a normal picture but when you press play it is dim again until you change the picture settings. I have only noticed it on Hulu’ the great’ and it’s only on my hisense roku tv no other. We watch ninja turtles on Hulu and there is no issues but it also has no ad breaks. But has not happened on any other app so far

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Hopepalomarez

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the information provided by @RokuMary-F in her previous post for further assistance.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Durakon

Jump to solution

I'm experiencing the exact same issue with my Brand New Hisense 43A6GX X Class TV I recently purchased. When watching Hulu after the 1st episode of whatever I'm watching when the next episode comes on the screen gets dimmer. I have to exit out of Hulu and then reenter back into Hulu and begin watching the new episode to have the screen back to the correct brightness to be acceptable to view. All my other TVs I have Ruku sticks attached to don't have this issue they all work perfectly fine it's only happening on my new Hisense 4K TV I purchased. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Well, I have to pipe in because it's not just a Roku problem with this.

My LG Smart Tv has been doing this exact thing after each ad.  I exit out of the show I am watching and go back and it's fine.  

0 Kudos