Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dy21
Reel Rookie

Re: Screen goes dim after Hulu advertisements

Jump to solution

I tried that fix it changed nothing. 
I have found however after returning to my primary residence this is not a problem on my samsung tv. 

I have a fire stick and am finally catching up on hulu programming. 

NP1

Jump to solution

I’ve been having this issue too! Before I could go to options button on the Roku control, then to “TV brightness”, because after a commercial I’d get drastically dark. Then that wouldn’t work for me anymore.

So, I then went to the options button- picture settings and put to “normal” and that worked until it went to commercial again. 

Jump to solution

Same. After each commercial the show comes back so dim it can hardly be watched. I've decided to stop watching Hulu and will continue with Prime and Netflix where I don't have this issue. 

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, also on a Hisense tv,. Did you find a solution? Hoping so because I'm getting tired of having to adjust after each commerical

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Short term solution was in original post, options and adjust picture brightness after every commercial. Long term is talk to hulu channel managers since it’s a problem in their end.

0 Kudos
WENDYLV
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I called and reported the issue today. I was told that they are working on it, and that it has been reported by numerous customers. I have a Hisense Roku 58". I first noticed something was up after I tried to watch a Hulu original back in September. I ended up turning it off. The other night I went back to it and tried to watch it again, and was like what the?? I knew it was not a problem with my tv. And then I found this blog..

So, today I was direct and to the point. It's not my tv, is what I told the lady, and I know for a fact other people are having the same problem. So, she bundled my complaint with the other ones. I hope that helps. The more complaints they get...the more likely they are to fix the problem.

silvy696

Jump to solution

Glad I'm not the only one!  I hope it gets resolved soon... crazy how it only happens with the Hisense TVs.  I have all Roku TVs, but only the Hisense one is having the issue, and only with Hulu. 

0 Kudos
mhm

Jump to solution

I'm having the exact same issue with our HiSense Roku TV on both Hulu and Amazon Prime. I've noticed if I exit the apps and restart them it normally helps temporarily....but very frustrating! I'm talking with Hulu Support now. Hoping they can help!

0 Kudos
Windy1824
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

still having the same issue! We tried Everything that was listed in the threads, and tried some others we came up with. Nothing has worked!

this Only happens with “Hulu Originals”.

RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Windy1824

Thanks for the post.

We recommend checking for a channel update. You can do this by selecting the channel on the Home screen, then pressing the * button > Check for update.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos