Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Screen goes dim after Hulu advertisements

Jump to solution

The Hulu app updated to 6.50.0 Wednesday 9/15 - Check and verify if this or other issues was resolved.

if you are still having issues, you'll need to contact Hulu CS:  https://help.hulu.com/s/contactsupport

0 Kudos
dy21
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just checked hulu, update did not fix the darkness issue for me

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@dy21 

You'll have to keep pushing on Hulu CS.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Ugh, mine does the same thing! Only on the Hulu app on my Roku TV after every advertisement break. It's super annoying. I thought I was going crazy constantly scrolling through the settings to see if there was something else I could do but no. -_-

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @Alyssarichelle8

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Have you already tried running a system update on your Roku TV to see if that will resolve the issue? If so and the issue persisted, we recommend reaching out to Hulu Support to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel developer themselves. If the problem only occurs on one channel while other apps play fine, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can contact Hulu here.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DaveRicketts
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku is fully up to date. I reached out to Hulu customer support and they remotely removed the app and reinstalled it thinking that might resolve the issue. Nope. Still an issue. Frustrating to have to press * after every commercial break and playing with picture setting to get brightness back. I wish Roku would help us deal with this since it only happens on new Roku TVs. I have Roku stick on old tv and no issues there. 

Darin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

CALL and report this!!!! Don’t get off until you have a ticket number. 

I just got of the phone with them. They said only 1 other person complained and put in a ticket request. 

it won’t get looked at if you don’t submit tickets. 

0 Kudos
KC1324

Jump to solution

HI, Having the same issue as well. hulu has been updated and still not working. gonna contact Hulu and get a ticket number so they have more on record so they can resolve this obnoxious issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
daz1138
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I’m having this issue also. It only happens on Hulu’s new 4K content. By pressing the * and the the back button it corrects the issue until the next commercial break. All the HD content is fine. The funny thing is when I check the picture setting it isn’t even playing in 4K. 

58” Hisense 58R6+ Roku TV C232X
Roku Ultra and Express 4K+
Vizio SB3651N-H6 5.1 surround SoundBar
0 Kudos
ctd25thst

Jump to solution

Change the picture mode. I have a 58 inch did the same thing. I saw on Hulu community page tried this and it worked. This was very frustrating but it worked right away

0 Kudos