Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Screen goes black when selecting channel in YouTube TV. Basically, YTTV app crashes!

@mitch053 Thanks.  I'll try that on the bedroom Roku to see if that does the trick.  I'll even try it on the one in our living room. Not holding my breath that it will work based on other posts but trying something is better than trying nothing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Screen goes black when selecting channel in YouTube TV. Basically, YTTV app crashes!

i have been on yttv trial for 5 days now using a roku premium plus player with no issues so far. planning on dropping Verizon cable if this works out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Was going to purchase the roku sound bar for my other tv. not sure now with all these black screen complaints.  anyone having issues with the roku sound bar with black screen on yttv

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

A new version of YTTV installed yesterday.  So far I haven't experienced the black screen with the updated app.  Fingers crossed...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Yes, it updated to Version 1.0 build 91000057.  Originally I stated that I received Roku OS 9.3 on one Roku before getting the new YTTV update which seemed to fix the issue on that one Roku.  My other 3 Roku's on OS 9.2 still had the issue.  But then I received the new YTTV Version 1.0 build 91000057 on all my Roku's and it seems to have fixed all of them, regardless of whether they have Roku 9.2 or 9.3.  Maybe both updates have fixes for this issue.  Hoping it's the real thing and does not return.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

I took my Roku out of the drawer (replaced it with Apple TV after these issues) and plugged it in. I did an update YTTV and that updated. Roku still on the 9.2, so that isn't being pushed out to the stick yet. My black screen issue seems to have gone away, so far. Will see!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

On 4/23, I went into Roku settings on each of my 4 devices and did a manual system update. In each case, it did indeed update the YTTV app and in some cases it also updated the Hulu app which I do not use. 

So far, I have not experienced the Black Screen of Death issue but it’s only been about a day. Hopefully the issue has been resolved for good. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

YTTV updated to version ytv2020042114rco and so far no black screens - could it be?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I haven't seen one in a couple of days, but I hate to jinx myself. If we make it a week, I may believe, lol.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Oh, it be...  Been perfect for three days now.  How long has it taken?

0 Kudos