Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Screen goes black when selecting channel in YouTube TV. Basically, YTTV app crashes!

I've given up - the lack of responsiveness on the part of Roku is astounding.  My plan:

- leave reviews on every possible review / social media site possible

- switch back to Fire TV

The End

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Screen goes black when selecting channel in YouTube TV. Basically, YTTV app crashes!

Thanks for continuing to share your reports. We're still working to assist the channel provider in their investigation of this issue, and helping pass along your feedback. We don't have any updates to share at the moment, but I will continue to keep everyone posted if I hear anything. 

In the meantime, we would recommend you contact the channel provider directly to report the behavior you are seeing, and follow up to request any additional information or updates they may be able to provide: https://support.google.com/youtubetv/?hl=en#topic=7071745

We appreciate your patience—please stay tuned. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Thank you for an actual reply.  I HAVE reported to YouTube TV - interestingly, they been very interactive, have collected multiple logs and even a video showing the symptoms.  No one from Roku has asked for or acknowledged any sort of diagnostic data.  Not sure how you're working with the provider but the bottom line is that your product (Roku Ultra) is not usable with YouTube TV.  I have subscribed to YouTube TV for a specific purpose and in the absence of Roku being able to diagnose and fix the problem, I have to move on and assume this is money down the drain for me.

Highlighted
Level 10

@RokuTanner - this is the exact same reply you leave for every post on this forum! Never anything new to report. Since this is a canned response to every thread on this forum, we can assume Roku is doing NOTHING!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@BLG56  Thanks for the information. Each channel (app) provider on the Roku platform manages their content and content delivery within their channel. If there is an issue with content that is causing behavior such as this, it is likely something that will need to be addressed directly by the channel provider themselves in their content systems, in order to help resolve it. If other channels (apps) on your Roku device are working correctly, and you aren't experiencing the exact behavior across multiple channels, it can be an indication that the issue is specific to that particular channel. 

As I mentioned before, we're actively assisting the channel provider in their investigation and will continue to provide any further updates that we hear. Thanks again for sharing your experience. 

Cheers,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

@RokuTannerD 

At least give the correct support link.  Your link is to youtube support.  This issue is with youtube tv.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

@BLG56

Do you have a link to any open discussions with youtube tv on this issue where they are actually responding.  I have posted but no response at all.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Sorry, no links.  I opened a ticket and the exchange has been via email ever since.  Frankly, even though they are very interactive with me (e.g. collecting logs) I don't see any indication of progress.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I really want to keep this conversation on a productive level but continuing to repeat "it's a content problem" and not acknowledging the below is simply non-responsive.

- Roku is the ONLY platform that has this problem

- There are a few instances in this community with other channels reporting this same issue

The above points beg for abandonment of Roku as a streaming device.  It's our only choice when we see the same response over and over with no indication of any acknowledgement of a problem, diagnosis or prognosis for a solution.  Bottom line - at this time, Roku Ultra does NOT properly support YouTube TV.  Whether it's content problem, a comet somewhere in space or some spectral anomaly doesn't matter.  When I have to  spend more time restarting the app than watching it BUT I can switch to another streaming device and fully eliminate the problem, my solution is pretty simple.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

@BLG56 

OK thanks.  I just opened a ticket with YTTV as well.  We will see what kind of response I get. Others on this thread should do the same.  I went to tv.youtube.com from a web browser.  Clicked the ? in the upper right.  Selected the Support & Feedback link.  Within there found an email link where I could enter all the details.  Got an email response with a ticket ID in the subject. 

0 Kudos