Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Screen goes black when selecting channel in YouTube TV. Basically, YTTV app crashes!

All good over the last 3 or 4 days on all 4 of my devices too. Fingers crossed. In my experience, it’s been at least 2 to 3 months since the issue appeared and countless hours of frustration. Let’s hope it holds. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Screen goes black when selecting channel in YouTube TV. Basically, YTTV app crashes!

Too bad I already replaced the Roku with an Apple TV 4K. The Roku goes back in the drawer. Took way too long to get this thing fixed! I’m done with Roku. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

In fairness, it seems like the issue had more to do with YTTV than Roku, but certainly both parties could have worked faster to get this fixed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have been having the same problem for the last few weeks.  I have Verizon internet.  My first several weeks using YTTV I had no issues.  Interestingly, this past weekend I spent at a vacation home using Xfinity internet with no problemd,???  No issues at all streaming on my phone or tablet in either place.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Interesting.  I am having it on My Samsung TVs and not Sony.  I thought it was an issue with the internet provider because using at different locations. Hmmm.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I've got a TCL 55" 4-Series Roku TV.

I think I had a similar problem, TV screen worked, I could see the menu in YouTube, but I'd select a video to play and the screen would go black. I'd have sound, but no video. Weird thing was, I could see overlays (skip ad, FF, Rwd, time bar, etc) but no video. I tried Netflix too, and it was the same thing: menu and overlays were visible (to include subtitles) but the video was black. 

I fixed the problem, but it took a full factory reset. I tried the video setting reset and that didn't work, but the factory reset did. I hope this helps. I struggled to find an actual fix elsewhere. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

This is a recent issue for me - started happening yesterday (September 6th) and continues through this morning. This is the only app on both Roku devices with the streaming (both live and VOD) content. I've installed the YTTV app on my Samsung Smart Hub and it streams with no issues. 

I chatted with YTTV support and they advised me to clear the Roku cache (steps below) but this didn't solve the issue though it's good to know how to do this

From the remote control, press the following buttons consecutively:

1. Press Home 5 times on your remote

2. Press Up

3. Press Rewind 2 times

4. Press Fast Forward 2 times.

They then asked me to uninstall/reinstall YTTV. Also didn't work. 

Finally they asked me to submit feedback directly from the YTTV app in Roku and ensure the "include all logs" was checked (this comes from your profile pic in the top right corner). Once he confirmed the logs were received, he also confirmed there were similar issues reported from many customers so they are researching a resolution and will email me once it's complete.

While no resolution was found during the chat, it was nice to know they're actively working on it. They also took 2 weeks off my next renewal, make sure you get this if you chat with them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Hmm. This was a big problem for many people on this thread for a long time but it was resolved several months ago and I have never seen it since. Unless something changes recently and it is recurring, but I have not noticed it yet. Will keep my eyes open in case it starts showing up again. Way back when I reported it I got the same 2 week credit on my account. What I would say is make sure your roku software version is at least 9.3.0 build 4194. And make sure your YTTV app is at least version 1.0 build 91000060.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Long story short, after disabling the autoplay on start, I exited the app from the YTTV settings and it was able to play channels after entering the app again. No restart of the roku in between exit and launching app again.

Highlighted
Level 7

It was an issue the other day. The Google rep confirmed multiple occurrences of the interruption and they resolved whatever issue it was that evening. All is working today. 

0 Kudos