Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

Screen goes black when selecting channel in YouTube TV. Basically, YTTV app crashes!

Brand new 4k Roku Streaming Stick + with Verizon Fios 300Mbps. When going into YouTube TV, right button to "Live", down button in the guide to a channel, select channel, and I get blank screen. I can't hit the back button to get out. I have to hit the Home button to go back to the Roku home screen. If I go back in again, same thing. I have to either go in and then back button to get the Cancel/Exit selections and exit out to close the app. Then sometimes if I go back in, it will work. Most of the time, I have to power cycle the Roku and go back in to YTTV and it will work. Happens mainly if the tv has been shut off and YTTV has been sitting idle for a few hours.

100 Replies
Level 10

Re: Screen goes black when selecting channel in YouTube TV. Basically, YTTV app crashes!

No replies? Am I the only person experiencing this issue?

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Screen goes black when selecting channel in YouTube TV. Basically, YTTV app crashes!

No, we have been having this issue, since we started with roku and YouTube tv a few weeks ago and it is super irritating. My google searches indicate this has been an issue for a while, but I haven't uncovered a solution, yet.  It's almost enough to drive a person back to a cable company.

Highlighted
Level 10

I agree. This happens daily, on all my Roku devices with Youtube TV. Totally infuriating. 

Highlighted
Level 10

Highlighted
Level 8

This seems to be mainly an issue on our downstairs tv and I'm wondering if there might be some kind of product conflict. This is happening on our Samsung Smart tv. The not so smart tv seems to take orders better. What kind of tv are you using your's with?

It would be nice to hear something official from Roku. Seems this issue has been around for quite a while.

Highlighted
Level 10

The Roku is plugged into our LG 65" Smart TV, in HDMI1 port. I don't believe the TV has anything to do with the issue. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks...I'm just taking wild shots in the dark, at this point.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@SHM @DavidDark  Thanks for the notes here to let us know what you're seeing. Does this same behavior occur in other channels (Apps) while streaming on your Roku device?

If not, you'll need to contact the channel developer (YouTubeTV) directly to report the issue you are seeing in their channel, and request additional support. We'll share the feedback over with them, however, the channel provider will likely need to address the issue within their channel, and/or provide an update to help resolve it. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Highlighted
Level 10

Thanks for the reply, Tanner.

I have problems with Netflix on the same Roku, where Netflix will not load. I've uninstalled Netflix and reinstalled, after rebooting the Roku.

I am working with Youtube TV support now, but their support people seem to be running me around in circles. They seem to be pretty brain dead there. So, not getting anywhere with them.