Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackdashack
Level 7

Screen Saver Weather Time missing weather?

Hi, been using this screensaver forever. All of a sudden the weather information is gone and all there is to see is the time. Anyone know what happened. I checked the settings. Rebooted the system. Thanks?  Jack 
0 Kudos
36 Replies
renojim
Level 8

Re: Screen Saver Weather Time missing weather?

I need to look into this. I've noticed it happening at times, but haven't had the chance to take a look. Sometimes it's just one particular reporting station that's offline temporarily. Try changing the ZIP Code to another close by.

-JT
0 Kudos
driftwood777
Level 7

Same for me, it only shows the time, no temperature, past 2 days now. Rebooted, tried a different zipcode...
0 Kudos
renojim
Level 8

Ok, it looks like weather.gov is finally switching to HTTPS. I've fixed the private version; get it here:
https://my.roku.com/add/CLOCPRI

If you weren't using it before, you'll have to select it from the screensaver settings and go through the "Custom settings" again.

I'll try to update the public (channel store) version, but who knows how long that will take or if it's even possible since I haven't updated it to use the new Roku SDK (shudders).

-JT
0 Kudos
driftwood777
Level 7

Thanks Jim, that link worked. Just needed to update the Roku afterwards. It's now 54 degrees outside, with 40% humidity and barometric pressure 30.20" and steady.  Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
23rdDjin
Level 7

"driftwood777" wrote:
...It's now 54 degrees outside, with 40% humidity and barometric pressure 30.20" and steady.  Smiley Happy

but...

what time is it?

Smiley Very Happy

"if it itches, play it..." - David Bowie - 1999
0 Kudos
driftwood777
Level 7

"23rdDjin" wrote:

but...

what time is it?

Smiley Very Happy

Uhhhh... Half past a monkey's $$$ and quarter to his #*&^%s??
No wait... with a little help from Mr.Wizard: Drizzle, Drazzle, Druzzle, Drome, time for this one to come home!
0 Kudos
steveburrell
Level 7

Jim, 

I just wanted to add my thanks, too. My wife and I love the Time & Weather screen saver, and it's working again thanks to you. Your work is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Steve
0 Kudos
empirefalls
Level 7

I too have used this screensaver for years.   Although just noticing i havent seen the screensaver in many months.
0 Kudos
j_in_tx
Level 7

So happy to have this great informative screen saver back!!  RenoJim, are there any resources that outline the process you used to create this saver?  Id like to try making one that will update a fullscreen version of a satellite view. 

-Jason
0 Kudos