Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Screen Freezes after first ad

A quick google search gave the number [post edited].  I just called, but due to "the situation" there is no phone support right now.  That's a bunch of bull.  I have an issue that I haven't seen addressed anywhere and there's nothing I can do about it.  I can't even email them.  If I had known that, I wouldn't have bought Roku.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: What is Roku's Customer Service Number?

Just a heads up, this is a community forum meant to find help. Could you tell us what your problem is?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Oh ok thank you.  My problem is when I'm watching a show, not a live show, everything's fine until the first ads.  On the last ad, the screen freezes on the ad and then I hear the continuing audio from the show that I was watching.  I thought it was Hulu, but I removed the Roku Express device and put it on a TV that I have a Roku streaming stick on and have no problems with and the problem then happened on that TV.  So that tells me it's the Roku Express.  I can't find anything on this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

@PTG wrote:

Oh ok thank you.  My problem is when I'm watching a show, not a live show, everything's fine until the first ads.  On the last ad, the screen freezes on the ad and then I hear the continuing audio from the show that I was watching.  I thought it was Hulu, but I removed the Roku Express device and put it on a TV that I have a Roku streaming stick on and have no problems with and the problem then happened on that TV.  So that tells me it's the Roku Express.  I can't find anything on this issue.

OK, you're watching a show. What channel/app are you using? I do see you mention Hulu later in the post. Is this the only one it happens with? 

The first thing Roku support would ask you to do is to remove the channel (Hulu), reboot the Roku, then install the channel again. Sometimes the code gets a little messed up, and a remove/reboot/reinstall will clear things up. Just don't forget the reboot. Without it, the removal isn't completed and your issue will likely still remain. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos