Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaeMaurice
Level 8

Screen Blacks Out While Scrolling On Vudu App for Roku

My screen blacks out while scrolling through movie list on Vudu app. It only does this with Vudu app on Roku. Not the phone app nor website have this issue. I contacted Vudu multiple times but they don't have any idea what the issue is. I uninstalled the app 3 times but problem continued. Last week I factory reset the Roku and the problem went away for a week, now its started again. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Screen Blacks Out While Scrolling On Vudu App for Roku

The issue of missing pictures/tiles with Vudu goes back years:

Usually just restarting the Roku fixes it:  Settings/System/System restart/Restart

0 Kudos
JaeMaurice
Level 8

I tried restarting many times and even uninstalling the app multiple times but this continues to happen. It only stopped when I factory reset the Roku as a whole, but then a week later it started again. It only happens with this app no other. Just Vudu app.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

If you reinstall Vudu (instead of Factory Reset'ing) make sure you do it in the following order:

1) Remove Vudu

2) Restart Roku

3) Reinstall Vudu

(If you dont follow that order, settings/cached data for Vudu remain behind for the re-install)

0 Kudos
JaeMaurice
Level 8

Tried that already twice. That's why I did factory reset. That's the only thing that worked for a while. This time I removed Vudu, restarted Roku, then factory reset the Roku, then reinstalled Vudu. I guess I'll see how long that works.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

I strongly recommend contacting Vudu about this:

https://support.vudu.com/contact/contact-us-SyHUh7RP

0 Kudos
JaeMaurice
Level 8

I have already. Multiple times through email, phone calls as well. I sent them pictures and video of what the screen has been doing but to no avail. Now with this merger of 2 companies, I haven't gotten another response since. They originally told me that they don't have any knowledge of this issue being reported to them before. I've been back and forth with them since late 2019. I've had Vudu app since 2017 and never had this issue until then. This makes me not want to use the app anymore but I'm already heavily invested in movies there. Plus, with the merger of them and FandangoNow my movies are all under Vudu. Over 1,100 titles.

StreamerUser
Level 20

Most of the reports of the issue are with older models - you might consider getting a new $30-40 Express 4K+ (or Ultra) and seeing if the issue persists there too.

0 Kudos
Wardaddy
Level 7

Same issue....only started 8-9 months ago (did it catch COVID-19?)...tried all the above suggestions, and just sent in a ticket and will update if they care enough to reply...

I have the Premiere and only issue with the Roku is with Vudu...too bad no way to export our movies from Vudu to somewhere else....considering we did purchase the movies.

0 Kudos