Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tazdevilshedevi
Reel Rookie

Scanned for cable channel not picking anything up

Putting my onn Roku tv in my camper and everytime I scan for cable channel not picking none up every thing is hooked up with coax cable

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Scanned for cable channel not picking anything up

@Tazdevilshedevi 

If your cable service is scrambling channels and requires a cable box, then you need a cable box.

Go to this page and scroll to How to connect a cable TV source for more details.

Now, if you take the Roku TV in the house and connect it to cable, and everything works, ignore what I wrote.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Tazdevilshedevi
Reel Rookie

I'm at a campground using there cable hookup got the coax run from the box to the rv and from the TV to the coax port in my RV but the TV says no channels available

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Tazdevilshedevi 

Okay, I think we're only able to suggest that the cable service there is scrambled. Although that seems odd that they would offer cable but not cable boxes, in case it was scrambled.

The problem is that we don't have a good baseline from which to start. Did you ever hook that TV up to cable and watch anything? Or is the campground the first time you've tried.

Without that history of showing the TV working in that mode, we could be dealing with several things, including bad coax, bad cable signal, scrambled cable signal, bad TV (to include a bad F connector). This will be hard to troubleshoot. Perhaps someone who's has cable (I dropped years ago) can give first-hand experience with attempting to watch cable on a Roku TV without a cable box.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

Have you made sure that your TV's 'Channel Source' [or whatever that setting is called in your TV's menu] is set for 'Cable' and not 'Antenna'?

0 Kudos
Tazdevilshedevi
Reel Rookie

The TV scans for both but come to find out they was a problem with the wiring here at the camp ground at the site that I rented but still can't get local channels I'm guessing that's to do with this antenna on my camper?

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Tazdevilshedevi 

So you tried scanning for cable channels, found none, and now are scanning using an antenna?

Go to https://antennaweb.org and put in your location. It'll give you a good idea how many, if any, channels you could pick up from that location.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Tazdevilshedevi
Reel Rookie

Ok thanks

0 Kudos