Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhobbs2
Level 7

Save Hulu registration

Sprint had a promotion where they give Hulu subscriptions with new phone purchases.
My son gave me a new phone, and I've been using Hulu since he set it up for me, on a Roku 3.
I want to upgrade to the Roku Ultra, but I'm concerned aqbout losing Hulu since my son lives hours away.
Is there a way to save whatever registration info I need from my Roku 3 so I can simply install it on the Ultra?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
trekkeriii
Level 10

Re: Save Hulu registration

You need to know your Hulu username and password to register a new device to Hulu. There's no way to retrieve that from a Roku.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos
jhobbs2
Level 7

Many thanks. 
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"jhobbs2" wrote:
Sprint had a promotion where they give Hulu subscriptions with new phone purchases.
My son gave me a new phone, and I've been using Hulu since he set it up for me, on a Roku 3.
I want to upgrade to the Roku Ultra, but I'm concerned aqbout losing Hulu since my son lives hours away.
Is there a way to save whatever registration info I need from my Roku 3 so I can simply install it on the Ultra?

Ask him to write it down for you. Or, if you know the email address used with Hulu, you can do a password recovery to that email address and set a new one.

As long as you are able to log into your account at Hulu.com, then you should be okay.

Now, if you are using his Hulu account, it may be best to simply coordinate with him should you get a new Roku.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos