Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Samsung Smart TV app

Jump to solution

I signed up for a free week promo for Showtime, Stars and a few others.  The channels show up on my iPhone and iPad, but not on my smart tv.  I don’t use the Roku stick on the tv.  I opted for the app instead.  On my iPhone, I can find the device in my living room. However, it says that it is not found on network.  The app on the tv works fine other than that.  Only problem is that I don’t have access to the promo channels on the tv.  Thanks for any help. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Samsung Smart TV app

Jump to solution

@Irag 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku Channel (app) on your Samsung Smart TV will only be able to access The Roku Channel. The app will not have the same functionality as a Roku device.

For more information about The Roku Channel, visit our Support page here: What is The Roku® Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Samsung Smart TV app

Jump to solution

@Irag 

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that the Roku Channel (app) on your Samsung Smart TV will only be able to access The Roku Channel. The app will not have the same functionality as a Roku device.

For more information about The Roku Channel, visit our Support page here: What is The Roku® Channel?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos