Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

SalemNow Channel missing

Jump to solution

The SalemNow channel in not found when searching for channel.  This channel was advertised as being available on Roku.  Does anybody know how to add it?  The movie Uncle Tom 2020 is only on this channel.  It got 98% rotten tomatoes and someone told me it was an excellent documentary. I want to purchase it through my Roku but can't find it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: SalemNow Channel missing

Jump to solution

@BrianOrmand 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I did not find that channel in the Roku Channel Store. Where was it advertised that this channel is available on Roku? We would recommend reaching out to the channel provider to inquire further if they have a channel available on Roku devices. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@BrianOrmand 

Thanks for the inquiry.

I did not find that channel in the Roku Channel Store. Where was it advertised that this channel is available on Roku? We would recommend reaching out to the channel provider to inquire further if they have a channel available on Roku devices. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

SalemNow itself says available on Roku.

SaleNOW is an online site to watch a wide variety of on-demand videos. SalemNOW is dedicated exclusive conservative and faith based videos consisting of box office hits, acclaimed documentaries, music festivals, interviews with top Christian artists, events with our conservative talk show hosts and many other video offerings. SalemNOW can be found on mobile apps, and streaming services such as Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and select smart TVs.

https://salemmedia.com/salem-now/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I contacted SalemNow this last Saturday so don't expect to hear from them until tomorrow Monday at earliest.

Does anybody know how to stream the documentary Uncle Tom either through a Roku channel or via Airplay from a 5th gen iPad?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, SalemNow is not available on Roku as advertised. I puchased Trump2024 to use specifically for my Roku device.  So I have written two messages to SalemNow explaining this issue, because I rather just be sent the DVD.  But I just got an auto reply that someone would be getting back to me.  But they haven't.

Is there any resolve to this issue by now???

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

About a month ago, 08/03/20, I received this from them.

John,

We currently have a SalemNow.com ROKU app in development. It should be released within the next few weeks.

Best,
SalemNOW Support

Sometimes these things take more time than anticipated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

We used our chromecast and connected my phone

0 Kudos