Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Site shuts down sending me to main menu

This thread suggest they may have been shut down by YouTube:

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Beachkatt
Level 7

Re: Sacred sounds channel by sunmedia

Same. Paid for it and had it for a week. Used it twice. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the note.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to the channel proivder directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on this channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Ed1
Level 8

How do I contact the channel provider?

For sacred sounds?

Ed1
Level 8

Seems the channel works till you pay the fee. It appears to be a scam channel taking peoples money then doesn't work after that. This is a Roku problem if they let them set up fake channels to scam their customers. There is no way to contact sunmedia either. I'm so tired of people scamming me for money. Roku should stand behind what they sell and investigate when multiple complaints are made for the same purpose about the same people. 

mtmcdonough
Level 8

Hi.  SunMedia also is the owner of Daily Documentary and it does the same thing with that channel.  Once you pay, it no longer lets you play a video but rather returns you to the Roku home screen.

kmikz
Level 9

Hello,

I would like to extend our sincerest apologies to all the customers who were affected. We have an issue in our apps that passed all rounds of testing on our side and we have already issued a fix. It is unfortunate that it happened, but it happens to the best of us. It will take a few days for the apps to be deployed to the channel store and the issue to be fixed for existing subscribers.

All of the existing customers who bought the 10 dollar subscription will be converted to lifetime subscribers.

We will also be monitoring this forum more closely to help stay in touch with our subscribers in other issues they may have.

We wish you all the best,

SunMedia

KLG0036
Level 7

Yeah except for when I already bought the "one-time payment" of $5 before they went back and upped it to $10. I'm just going to YouTube now and not dealing with this. 

0 Kudos
kmikz
Level 9

Hello,

As a launch promotion, our one time payment subscription was indeed lower that it is now. But if you already payed, you will have the same ad free experience as those who purchased it for 10 USD, also as a lifetime purchase. Hope you will come back to the app and it provides a better experience from now on that we have opened a communication channel with you guys.

All the best,

SunMedia

0 Kudos
kmikz
Level 9

Channel has been updated in the channel store. Please do a system update and then try to use the channel. Please accept our apologies again for the inconvenience it may have caused, but we are just learning too and we are committed in providing a good experience for you guys.

All the best,

SunMedia

0 Kudos