Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shuggie
Level 8

Sacred sounds channel by sunmedia

Has this channel stopped working for any other users these past few days? It will load up to the menu but when I make a selection it kicks me back to my home screen. Things I've tried  include power cycling the tv, resetting network, checking channel for updates and deleting and reinstalling the channel. I hope it isn't dead I loved my tv doubling as a white noise machine 

22 Replies
KLG0036
Level 7

Re: Sacred sounds channel by sunmedia

This is happening to me too! I dont know how to fix it.. 

Shuggie
Level 8

Well  turns out all the channel did was link to videos on YouTube maybe they got in trouble A work around that I did was make a YouTube playlist of your favorite sounds since they are on YouTube literally every single one even the black screen ones so that is your best alternative

Ed1
Level 8

Site shuts down sending me to main menu

I paid a subscription (1 x fee for “Sacred Sounds”) to stop commercial interruptions but now the channel shuts down when I try to play it, sending me back to Roku main menu.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: unable to remove now, another bill, no removal

Try to remove the channel and reinstall it:

Highlight it the main screen and press the asterisk button (*) on the remote - choose remove (hopefully that's an option).

Restart the Roku either from the Settings->System menu or just unplug it for a few seconds and plug it back in.

Add the channel from the Channel Store or website.

Don't skip the restart step!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
pattycarr1962
Level 8

Yes, I just paid for it and haven't been able to use it since.

pattycarr1962
Level 8

Re: Site shuts down sending me to main menu

The same happened to me.

0 Kudos
pattycarr1962
Level 8

I did all of that and it still doesn't work. I think it was just a way to take my money.

0 Kudos
Ed1
Level 8

Able to watch channel till I paid for no commercials

It was fine till I paid the subscription to make it uninterrumpted. 

0 Kudos
Ed1
Level 8

I did the manual turn off and unplugged it. I did some housework then returned, Added it back and restarted it and it’s still won’t play the video. Returning me to the main Roku channel menu. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos