Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TDS92A
Level 7

SYFY app not working on my ROKU Stick.

Jump to solution

I have the SYFY app on my ROKU Stick and up to about a week ago the channel worked fine. Now the only show that works on it is Surreal Estate. It is a good show but I have dozens of other shows that I want to watch that are not working. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: SYFY app not working on my ROKU Stick.

Jump to solution

You'll need to contact your Cable/Satellite/OTT TV provider (unknown) and NBCUniversal (developer and publisher of the SyFy app) to resolve this:

Use the apps internal reporting feature (Open SyFy/More/Contact Us)

or go to:     https://help.nbc.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

You should re-install The SyFy app on Roku:

1) Remove the SyFy app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the SyFy app

(If you dont restart, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

0 Kudos
TDS92A
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just performed the instructions that was sent to me that was supposed to fix the problem and it did not work. Here is the message that I am still getting.

Sorry! We’re having some trouble...

We had a problem reaching your TV provider. Please try again.

Error Code: CloudpathErrorauthorizationNIP

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

You'll need to contact your Cable/Satellite/OTT TV provider (unknown) and NBCUniversal (developer and publisher of the SyFy app) to resolve this:

Use the apps internal reporting feature (Open SyFy/More/Contact Us)

or go to:     https://help.nbc.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@TDS92A wrote:

Error Code: CloudpathErrorauthorizationNIP

Cloudpath deals with logging you into your subscription to a channel that uses the Cloudpath service for its subscription management.

One thing that some have reported fixes this is going into the channel on your Roku, logging/signing out, then logging/signing back in again.

Let us know how you make out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos