Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fredd
Level 7

SYFY Channel Watching Issues

So i have noticed that lately that on the SYFY channel after signing in with my provider information and stuff that i can no longer watch movies only some series shows if the episode is i guess old enough not sure ? and thats not the way it has been in the past.

I keep getting the (You Are Not Authorized to view this content) so poking around i see where you can sign up for NBC Universal Profile which is not user friendly and gives you 3 credits with no way to add more.

So does any have a similar problem or have noticed changes to the SYFY channel whats the fix if any, Customer support walked through the unlinking, removing of the channel restart of Roku with no effect they told me to contact SYFY channel directly i did leave a message on there FaceBook page but no reply.

Thank You Fredd      

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: SYFY Channel Watching Issues

Content control is entirely within NBCUniversal's hands.

You'll just need to press them about changing access to content.

FYI , issues with TVE (TV Everywhere) are quite common, though some apps/services and TV providers seem more prone than others.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart your Roku to clear its memory before reinstalling the channel. Did you do this?

Restart via Settings > System > System restart (for Roku TVs: Settings > System > Power > System restart)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Fredd
Level 7

yes that was all done with a Roku service tech. we went through a few different things but still not fixed

0 Kudos