Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hairlessly
Level 7

STRIPTEASE is not an appropriate recommended content for home screen

I turned on my TCL TV with Roku for my son to watch cartoons. On the right side for recommended content is the movie Striptease, with a naked woman posing. This is not remotely OK.

I had previously disabled all home screen ads and featured content settings and the side content remains. I've long been wary of some other recommendations, but never because the image displayed was so inappropriate. 

Am I missing a setting? Is there a customer service phone number I can talk to a human being about this? 

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3\
JJ336
Level 7

Re: STRIPTEASE is not an appropriate recommended content for home screen

I had exactly this same complaint. This IS NOT COOL. Totally inappropriate for my family entertainment center. I will completely ditch Roku if this keeps happening. Smiley Mad

RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @hairlessly @JJ336.

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

While we can't please everyone with the ads that are displayed, we do strive to avoid offensive images and other things that Roku users might not agree with. I'll forward your comments to our advertising department for review.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Kind reagrds,
Mary

0 Kudos
johnwhumphreys
Level 7

We have a 6 year old and a 2 year old and have been having this problem for a year now.  We recently had some horror (pretty disgusting) and some partial nudity from HBO MAX.  I'm pretty fed up with it.

Even youtube has a fairly good setting for disabling inappropriate material.

Your kids are literally forced to look at this as unavoidable main screen content.  I can't believe you can't at least select the kinds of ads you're willing to see after this long.

0 Kudos