Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scopesnc

STARZ says ROKU lost network connection when hit play on show.

I did a factory reset and it helped nothing. Pain in the ARRSS to load it all back in. Stars App still fails to load a show and continues to tell me ROKU has lost network connection. It is wrong have not lost any connections at all.  If I pick a show to watch and hit play it comes up with that message each time. Somebody has an issue. What or who I have no idea. I removed the Starz app and did the reboot and then put it back on. Nope did not work. Then removed it did a factory reset and put it back on again. Nope still says the same thing. When I hit play for any show it says Roku lost network connection.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: STARZ says ROKU lost network connection when hit play on show.

@scopesnc

Thanks for the post.

Trying to perform a factory reset on a Roku device regarding a channel playback issue is the last thing we would recommend.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more, specifically in that order.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tmfreeman01
Reel Rookie

Resetting device did not help me out. Netflix, Hulu, and other applications play correctly. Starz says that there is no internet connection. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Tmfreeman01

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

How are you accessing the channel, through The Roku Channel or directly to the channel? Does this happen on all movies/shows in the channel or on specific content only? 

Have you tried to remove the channel and see if it helps? If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel and re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.

Keep us posted on what you find out. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Tmfreeman01
Reel Rookie

This happens as soon as you open Starz. I have removed the channel, restarted and added it back. 

The issue only occurs on cellular data and not my home wifi. Is there a setting within Roku that limits some channels to not use cellular data? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Tmfreeman01

Thanks for the post.

It's possible that the cellular data may not be stable which is causing the issue you are experiencing as opposed to connecting your Roku device to your home wireless network.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tmfreeman01
Reel Rookie

All the other channels work fine on cellular data. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@Tmfreeman01

Thanks for the reply.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach them here: STARZ Contact Us

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos