Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

STARZ channel not loading

I’m also having issues with the STARZ app. It won’t even load, what do I do?

#STARZ #RokuPremier

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: STARZ

I'm also having the same issue. Starz app keeps crashing every time I launch it on my Roku. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Thanks for the notes here. 

If you are running into an issue like this, here are a couple things to try and help resolve it.

- Use the steps below, in order, to remove the channel, restart your device, then add the channel back again: 

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key and choose 'Remove channel'. 
  2. Restart your Roku player from Settings>System>System restart 
  3. Once your device has restarted, go to 'Streaming channels' on the Home screen, search for the channel, and it add it back once more. 

- If that still isn't working, as a more in-depth troubleshooting step, you might try performing a factory reset on your device from Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Factory reset This will clear all data, channels, and login information from your device and allow you to set it up again from scratch. In some cases, this may help resolve unexpected issues. 

If you're still running into an issue with a specific channel from there, while other channels continue to work as expected, you'll want to reach out to the channel provider directly to report the behavior and request additional assistance with their channel (app). 

Keep us posted if there are any other questions we can assist you with. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for the great suggestions and I tried them all to no avail, I’m currently corresponding with the STARZ tech people to resolve this issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I don’t even have to restart the Roku, but I have to uninstall and reinstall start every single time I launch it. Crazy!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I can’t even find the Starz channel on my Roku .

How can fix this issue??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Wissamurai 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Where are you currently located? 

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos