Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trixiekitty
Level 7

SSDD; Youtube not opening, 6/27/21

Any update re: Youtube access on Roku? 
Why is this an ongoing, continuous issue, please?
Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: SSDD; Youtube not opening, 6/27/21

Although many are reporting problems with YouTube, I have no problem accessing YouTube on my three active Rokus listed in my signature below, all connected via wifi.

Perhaps this is a problem associated with models older than mine where Google has not taken them into account when they have updated the Roku version of their channel app.  

Please report your Roku model, model number, and Roku software version as shown via Settings > System > About.

And for specific channel problems it can't hurt to report their version numbers as well.  Highlight the channel in the channel grid and press the * button on your remote to see the channel version number.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Wallyf
Level 7

I have three Roku Streaming Sticks + that appeared to be working fine until my wife tried to launch You Tube on our Great Room TV. You Tube shows up in the home menu but does not launch. All of the other channels like Hulu, Roku etc. launch correctly

I tried the other two Roku sticks and You tube launches correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Wally

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

@Wallyf wrote:

I have three Roku Streaming Sticks + that appeared to be working fine until my wife tried to launch You Tube on our Great Room TV. You Tube shows up in the home menu but does not launch. All of the other channels like Hulu, Roku etc. launch correctly

Any ideas?

Thanks

Wally

Known solutions/workarounds for YT app not loading:

1) Check for updates (Settings/System/System updates/Check now) - try again

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default (Settings/Theme/Restore default theme) - try again

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock (Settings/Theme/Screensavers) - try again

4) Remove YT app, RESTART ROKU (Settings/System/System restart), Add YT app - try again

5) Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) - try again

6) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

7) Factory reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings) <--- last resort

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

@Wallyf wrote:

Any ideas?

Thanks

Wally

What model and model number Roku is in use in the Great Room?  Find out via Settings - System - About.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos