Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laurajazz
Level 7

SPOTIFY icon is "dead" on my ROKU TV

As of 1 pm New York Time on September 21, 2021:

My ROKU TV system has been manually updated (multiple times since 7 am this morning)

I have uninstalled and re-installed the Spotify app

I have done a system shutdown (after uninstalling Spotify app) and restarted and then re-installed the spotify app

I have done EVERYTHING that ROKU has suggested .

Do you have some new / different suggestions.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: SPOTIFY icon is "dead" on my ROKU TV

Hey @laurajazz

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us specifically the issue you're running into with Spotify? Does it only occur on one channel or across other channels installed on your Roku TV? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
laurajazz
Level 7

so far it is only with the spotify app.

(BTW I have 4 or 5 other roku tvs in my home and I have not seen this problem on any other tv - so far)

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@laurajazz

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If the issue persists from one channel after removing then re-installing the app, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can contact Spotify Support here: https://support.spotify.com/us/

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos