Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chennigh25
Level 7

Re: Channels won't launch

Seems after my Roku Ultra decided to update itself, these are the steps I took to get it working.
1. Remove channels in question.
2. Reboot Roku and internet router
3. Reload channel(s)
After this it was working ok, but the video was behind the audio. I then pushed the “B” button at the bottom of the remote and it straightened itself out.
Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"Chennigh25" wrote:
Seems after my Roku Ultra decided to update itself, these are the steps I took to get it working.
3. Reload channel(s)
After this it was working ok, but the video was behind the audio. I then pushed the “B” button at the bottom of the remote and it straightened itself out.
Hope this helps.

Well, to the best of my knowledge the B button does nothing outside of certain game channels.But if it resolved your sync issue, that's terrific! 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos

"Chennigh25" wrote:
3. Reload channel(s)
Hope this helps.

Did this but it didn't resolve the issue. Same result when trying to launch the vast majority of Roku "channels."
0 Kudos

[SOLVED] 

Fixed!  I chose "System Update" (Settings>System>System Update). It did a software update and then I restarted the Roku. All "channels" are now launching normally. They must have just pushed the update because I tried to do the system update when I first started having the problem and it said everything was up-to-date. For giggles, I tried the system update again and sure enough there was an update. 

If you're still having trouble, do a system update. I didn't remove any channels or anything - just did a simple system update. 
0 Kudos
Allysonclara
Level 7

I bought aRoku premiere+ yesterday. All my change played just fine yesterday. Today only YouTube TV, Netflix will open. Hulu, Philo, sling, even the Roku channel will not open. I've checked for updates, removed ans reinstalled channels, rebooted my wifi, etc to no avail. Any real solutions? Is Roku aware?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
okaussie3
Level 9

About 8pm CDT everything started working again.  Tech Support stated having a network issue..
0 Kudos
CiciB
Level 7

I’m having the same issue with my Roku Ultra. I was watching AcornTV in another room until I decided to finish watching my show in bed. I tried launching AcornTV in my bedroom on the Roku Ultra and the channel keeps going back to the home screen. Other channels won’t load either. I tried resetting it, tried software update, tried update the channel, tried remove and reloading the channel and nothing works. Any new ideas?
0 Kudos
MarcyMarie
Level 7

Channels are not launching. Spin for a few seconds, then return to channel lineup page.

I've tried everything — rebooting, reconnecting, etc. — but certain channels still won't launch: CBS All Access, Sling. Amazon Prime does, but I don't want to watch that.

Also screensave is "raining Roku" image, not the other one (skyline) that's pink and blue. 

Very frustrating! 
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the notes here. 

If you're still seeing this issue, try restarting your device and visit Settings>System>System update>Check now to perform a system update. Then, try loading any channel again. 

Please keep us posted if that doesn't clear things up!

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
CiciB
Level 7

Roku Express still won’t launch channels. I have a Roku Express in my bedroom and a Roku Ultra on the main tv. Channels will load on the Roku Ultra but will not open in the Roku Express. I’ve deleted and reloaded the channels and also soft reset and hard reset the Roku Express. Im not sure what else to do. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos