Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lee7
Level 7

SLING will not load

I have 3900-X Roku Express, build 41956-51 software version 10.0.0. I have tried previous posted solutions and they do not work. When I try to watch SLING I get message that says, '..not enough space, remove channels and try again...'. I have removed sling, re-booted roku, added Sling back, re-booted my router several times and in every combination imaginable. Also, I removed channels. I have called SLING and they walked me thru the above steps. However, I don't think it is a SLING problem because YOUTUBE won't load either for the same reason. My other channels work fine. This happened at the same time for both YOUTUBE and SLING. My Roku is up to date on software updates. I cant believe ROKU doesn't have customer assistance. How can a company operate without customer assistance? I cant help feel thay ROKU is just trying to get me to buy a new version.  

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: SLING will not load

I personally feel the Express just isn't up to having multiple monster channels installed (e.g.,  Netflix, Youtube, Sling, Hulu, Disney+, etc.).  You can try the "clear the cache" routine - press Home 5 times, Up once, Rewind (<<) twice, and Fast Forward (>>) twice.  If you do it right your Roku will reboot on its own.  Check for updates under Settings->System->System update afterwards.  Sometimes it works.  You can also remove any channels you don't use (reboot/restart afterwards).  Also check what you're using under Themes and switch to a simple screensaver (like the clock) and simple wallpaper.  If none of that works, a factory reset may be your only other option.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
SpaceGirl76
Level 7

Re: SLING will not load

Lee, are you still having this problem?  I'm experiencing a similar thing, only instead of Sling, it was Prime.  I did get the Prime to work by removing channels, but now YouTube won't work.  So I remove one and the channel I'm trying to use starts working again, but then another channel stops working in its place, and I only watch about five channels.  This is annoying, as I was hoping to cut the cord soon!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos