Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flash1
Level 7

SLING SEC NETWORK constantlyrewinds

We use the SLING App on ROKU

SEC Sports network has never worked properly on ROKU

we watch a game, app stops, rewinds to a commercial...we miss most of the game.  Constantly pauses, stops, rewinds to a commercial, then to plays 10 min prior.

I contacted SLING  It seems to work on Firestick, but not ROKU  I reset ROKU, no change at all.  Appears to be SEC Sports Network only.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
andyross
Level 16

Re: SLING SEC NETWORK constantlyrewinds

There is nothing Roku can really do. They just supply the hardware and a Application Program Interface for developers to write for. Keep bugging Sling to fix it.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: SLING SEC NETWORK constantlyrewinds

@Flash1 

As @andyross said, Dish/Sling builds their apps, and this is an issue with the Sling app.

There is a workaround. You can use the ESPN app to watch content. In the ESPN app, authenticate against Sling TV as your TV provider, and all of the ESPN content to which you're subscribed via Sling TV will be available for viewing.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos