Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ELT_Tech
Level 7

SKY News Channel issue with Live Feed

Hi.

I'm using ROKU 3 through VPN to access SKYNews channel. And, for unknown reason, when I open SkyNews channel and press on SkyNews Live, it load for 1-2 seconds and then throw out back to channel menu. I've checked out settings both on router with VPN and ROKU Box, updated and restarted everything, but still issue persists. Other videos from SkyNews channel works, except Live. Also I did remove/add trick:

1. Remove the channel from the Roku box.
2. Restart the Roku.
3. Find the channel in the Channel Store (Streaming Channels) on the device.
4. Add the channel.

Can someone clarify what could cause this issue?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: SKY News Channel issue with Live Feed

Discussions about VPN use are not permitted here.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Crap1234
Level 7

I have the same issue with Sky News, only slightly different. For months, when opening the app I receive a "device error" and have tried the same uninstall reset and reinstall procedure to no avail. The app does not start, but worked beautifully with all features including live previously for months. Each time it failed to open I would wait for a ROKU software update to my ROKU 3 and the problem world disappear.  Months go by and all is well. Then the same cycle would occur, app failure until ROKU device software update and all is well. Currently on Christmas day, it has been down 3 months as I wait for a ROKU device update to the rescue!

I have contacted ROKU support and Sky News.  Sky News responded in kind but ROKU support was mediocre.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"Crap1234" wrote:
I have the same issue with Sky News, only slightly different. For months, when opening the app I receive a "device error" and have tried the same uninstall reset and reinstall procedure to no avail. The app does not start, but worked beautifully with all features including live previously for months. Each time it failed to open I would wait for a ROKU software update to my ROKU 3 and the problem world disappear.  Months go by and all is well. Then the same cycle would occur, app failure until ROKU device software update and all is well. Currently on Christmas day, it has been down 3 months as I wait for a ROKU device update to the rescue!

I have contacted ROKU support and Sky News.  Sky News responded in kind but ROKU support was mediocre.

You didn't say what software version you are running on your Roku. Nor did you say which Roku device (with model number) you are using. That is sometimes helpful.

For example, my Roku Ultra (4660) running v9.0 plays Sky News app just fine. And it played fine when I was running older software. That doesn't help you, I know, but it's an indication that it's not simply that app on Roku that's an issue. There's something else going on. More info about your setup might be helpful.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Crap1234
Level 7

Model 4200X-Roku 3
Software version 9.0.0 _ build 4084-04

All other store channels run fine. I noticed recently the Sky News app changed its opening sequence splash screen, but after 5 seconds reverts back to loading page. 
0 Kudos