Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
directflight
Level 7

SIgn In With Comcast to Get Roku Channel

Jump to solution

Many of the Roku offerings say- Free with your tv subscription, just sign in with your tv provider username and password. Will this work if all I have is a Comcast internet subscription? I am dropping the Comcast tv portion.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: SIgn In With Comcast to Get Roku Channel

Jump to solution

@directflight 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If a channel requires authentication from your TV or cable provider, you will need a TV subscription as an internet subscription will not work.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@directflight 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If a channel requires authentication from your TV or cable provider, you will need a TV subscription as an internet subscription will not work.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
directflight
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ashham

Since the Roku employee replied yesterday to me that what I am trying to do will not work, I am not going to proceed further and but a Roku player. I guess I'm stuck with comcast.

Best of Luck

0 Kudos
Impeach
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a Comcast tv subscription along with internet and still see its not listed to use for a sign in? What gives?? Some rude guy from Roku on a support window wouldnt tell me why its not listed on service provider list unless I gave my name, email and phone number! I asked a simple question and should not have to give personal info to get an answer to that.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Impeach

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Are you trying to authenticate the Xfinity Beta channel?

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Xfinity support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos