Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSTNEZELL_22
Level 7

SHUTTERFLY SCREENSAVER PROBLEMS

Jump to solution

Up until recently I had the Shutterfly Channel as my screensaver, it would shuffle through all the photos in "My Photos" folder of my account.  As of several weeks ago choosing my photos is not an option and will only give options for "Albums Shared with me".

Anyone have any idea why this happened or how to fix?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: SHUTTERFLY SCREENSAVER PROBLEMS

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Shutterfly support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Shutterfly support here: https://support.shutterfly.com/s/article/Contact-Shutterfly-via-Chat-Email-and-Phone-1

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Shutterfly support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Shutterfly support here: https://support.shutterfly.com/s/article/Contact-Shutterfly-via-Chat-Email-and-Phone-1

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
sdooda
Level 7

Jump to solution

shuttefly customer support says this is a Roku issue and that we should contact Roku. Who is correct here?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
JacalynM
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same trouble and can't get a hold of anyone.  We used Shutterfly Photos as our screensaver for years and it just stopped working a few weeks ago.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@sdooda @JacalynM Thanks for reaching out. Roku does not develop or maintain this channel (app). You'll need to contact the channel developer (Shutterfly) as previously mentioned in this thread, to report the issue and request additional support.

If a channel developer doesn't maintain or update their channel as needed over time, this can cause issues with functionality. The channel developer will need to help investigate the issue you are seeing and provide additional support. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
nydeva
Level 7

Jump to solution
I am having the same problem. I called Shutterfly and was referred back to Roku who referred me back to Shutterfly. I guess we're going to have to get a different photo program to display our pics.
Highlighted
Josephef54
Level 7

Jump to solution

I finally got through to someone in Support who at least come up with an answer. (I wish technical support had called me back like I was told would happen.)  The lady at Shutterfly said they no longer support the Roku app and said it was Roku's responsibility to remove the app from the store.  I simply do not know why even if they do not support it, why not leave it the way it is and not take the most useful option away.  So annoying.  Has anyone else found a good replacement?  

Highlighted
JSTNEZELL_22
Level 7

Jump to solution

I looked and found some other options, I believe Google Photo, Imgur and a few others were on there and  but since we use Shutterfly for all our photos we won't move all the photos just for Roku screensaver.  What's even more frustrating is that you can still access your Shutterfly library through the app but it does not work on the screensaver.  I'm going to speculate that there may have been some type of fee Roku was charging that Shutterfly decided to not pay any longer but I have nothing to support that claim. 

Highlighted
ronwhatley
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra and tried to link to my Shutterfly account today. Instead of seeing my own pictures, I was linked to someone else's photo album. Now that's great security! Shutterfly support is worthless. They recommended that I not use the Roku Shutterfly app because it. I recommend nobody use it unless you want to take the chance of sharing your private pictures with the world.

0 Kudos