Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
empirefalls
Level 7

SHUDDER read before using them

---LAST WEEK: i entered a 30 day Free Trial Promo for Shudder...Entered Payment infor...Shudder came back, i have 30 days free til a payment is due
Then i removed my payment method...If i decided to keep Shudder at 30 days, i would re add it.

---TODAY .....7 days later...not 30 days later....i get a notice from Shudder:
"Oh no, your payment failed! 
Don’t worry. We’ll try your payment again over the next few days. 
To keep your Shudder membership you may need to update your payment details or add a new card"
I then notice i would have been charged the annual fee of $56.99, had my payment went thou.

----So just now,  i follow Shudder's information to cancel a membership....
"How to Cancel a Membership
1.     Sign in via a web browser and click ‘My Account’ in the top right-hand corner of the site
2.     Click 'Cancel Membership' on the lower right-hand side under 'Membership Settings'"

I followed the above....THIS WAS NOT IN MY ACCOUNT SETTINGS like Shudder said it would be: 'Cancel Membership' on the lower right-hand side under 'Membership Settings'"
There is nothing, no method in "My Account" to cancel membership...contrary to what Shudder says above on their website.

Be warned of Shudder
0 Kudos
4 Replies
empirefalls
Level 7

Re: SHUDDER read before using them

I may have straighten out some of this mess. After signing in and out 5,6 times, the "cancel membership" option appeared in the Shudder "My Account" settings.
I cancelled , although i have not received an email conformation from Shudder...which 99.999% of companies will send a person when they cancel. 
0 Kudos
empirefalls
Level 7

Despite cancelling about 14 days ago, and. sending an email to them to cancel that was returned "un-deliverable", Shudder still trying to charge me:

(Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address)
billing@admin.shudder.com[/email:vi5qlorf]>Smiley Happy[/color]
(No mx record found for domain=admin.shudder.com)

"Payment Failed – 2nd Attempt

Inbox
Shudder <billing@admin.shudder.com>
To:
------@--------
Jun 22 -------
Shudder
It looks like your payment failed on our 2nd attempt. 
If your payment details are up-to-date, you may have to reach out to your card issuer for further details. 
Otherwise, you have the option to add a new card today"
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

I suggest contacting your credit card issuer and tell them that any additional charges from that company should be denied. They should do that for you. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
empirefalls
Level 7

"atc98092" wrote:
I suggest contacting your credit card issuer and tell them that any additional charges from that company should be denied. They should do that for you. 

The thing is, the attempt is/was to charge me for a full year of $56. Unlike a Walmart or physical store, one cant just walk in. But they do have an office in New York city. 
I emailed them with some strongly worded "advice" to stop attempting to charge me. Received a letter back they cancelled the account.

Be forewarned with my experience . 
0 Kudos