Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

SERVER UNREACHABLE CONTENT

My CatholicTV Live stream is all of sudden not available from Roku TV and Roku stick. Message says "SERVER UNREACHABLE CONTENT We couldn't establish a connection with the server. Please check your internet connection and try again." I have restarted Roku and reset network connections. OnDemand works for this channel; Live does not. I have no issues with other channels. Live is available from my Mac and iphone devices - so problem is specific to Roku devices only.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: SERVER UNREACHABLE CONTENT

Have you tried removing and reinstalling the channel?

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.

2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.

3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
From home screen, Settings > System > System restart. This assures no remnant of the old installation remains in the Roku's memory so you get a complete reinstall. It may or may not make a difference, depending on what's causing your problem, but it's worth doing.

4. Reinstall the channel.

5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

Note that a reinstalled station gets added to the bottom of the channel grid on the Roku home page.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@dhgaiser wrote:

My CatholicTV Live stream is all of sudden not available from Roku TV and Roku stick. Message says "SERVER UNREACHABLE CONTENT We couldn't establish a connection with the server. Please check your internet connection and try again." I have restarted Roku and reset network connections. OnDemand works for this channel; Live does not. I have no issues with other channels. Live is available from my Mac and iphone devices - so problem is specific to Roku devices only.

If it's just a portion of one channel that is acting up, and everything else is working fine, and the removal/reboot/install didn't resolve the problem, then the issue is most likely at the server end and a provider problem. If you haven't contacted them, I'm sure they'd appreciate knowing about the issue. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes I have removed, restarted, then re-installed the channel. Same problem. I have notified their technical support.. nothing yet.

0 Kudos