Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mang0
Reel Rookie

Rumble TV loads instead of Rumble

I am trying to load the regular Rumble app on a Roku 2 HD.

The app store has both "Rumble" and "Rumble TV" available to download, but not matter which I choose, Rumble TV loads, and in fact it does not work at all.

I have Rumble (not Rumble TV) loaded on several other devices with no problem on my same home network, but having tried several times, I can not get it loaded on the Roku 2.  I have even factory reset the Roku 2, and had the system load all my usual apps, but that has the same result:  a non-working version of Rumble TV.  The other apps work fine on that device.

I have loaded Rumble successfully on another device since noticing this problem. 

6 REPLIES 6
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Rumble TV loads instead of Rumble

The Roku 2 HD is unsupported. It was released in July 2011, and is seriously underpowered by current standards. There are many channels that will no longer work on your Roku. It appears that Rumble is one of those channels. Unfortunately, it's time to replace your 11 year old device. 

The Roku Express 4K+ is currently on sale for $30, and will run circles around your old player. I don't recommend the basic Express, as it's a single band WiFi and a basic IR remote. The price difference between the Express and the 4K+ is minimal, but 4K+ is much more capable. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
mang0
Reel Rookie

Understood.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
user-rkd
Reel Rookie

One of the channels is deprecated and replaced by the other but the descriptions need to be updated to indicate which is the newer one. "Rumble" is the right one to use. Rumble TV is deprecated and should be removed from the Channel Store.

The reply from Expert Dan is bs. Both channels still load fine on my older Roku 2 HD even as of May 2023 as well as all the other channels I like to watch. Sometimes bad updates will break apps only to start working again after another update to fix compatibility issues, especially with Youtube. And for most people the basic Roku Express is more than adequate, even if it is an older generation Express.

0 Kudos
atc98092

My response was accurate. The 2HD is no longer supported by Roku. That doesn't mean that some channels might not still work on one. You appear to have found one that still works on a player that old.  But the 2HD is over 12 years old, and Roku will not provide any further updates for that player, 

Dan

0 Kudos
user-rkd
Reel Rookie

Yes, it looks like you were accurate after all. It can get confusing when specific model numbers are not stated in the forums. Some Roku 2's are still supported and some are not. Roku 2 HD seems to refer to the 3000X which is not supported. My Roku 2 (4210X) is still receiving the latest updates and is on the list of supported devices found on the Roku OS 12 software release notes documentation. All my channels are working great. Maybe I can get another 2 or 3 years out of it.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Yes I would expect the Roku 2 4210 and both Roku 3 models will be the next to lose support. They just happened to be really good players, so they might get another year or two before they're dropped. My old 2 XS (3100) has been unusable for probably at least five years. It simply didn't have the processing power. 

Dan

0 Kudos