Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Ruku Ultra. Trying to stop 4-hour turn-off. Bandwidth saver off doesn't stop it.

Title sez it all. I like to sleep with the TV on. I sleep 6-7 hours a night. I turned off the bandwidth saver, but the TV still goes to the home screen. then a screensaver after 4 hours? Any fixes?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Ruku Ultra. Trying to stop 4-hour turn-off. Bandwidth saver off doesn't stop it.

What channel?  The channel itself may have an inactivity timeout.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Ruku Ultra. Trying to stop 4-hour turn-off. Bandwidth saver off doesn't stop it.

Did you find a fix for this yet? Bandwidth saver just got rolled out to my Roku 3 and I have the same issue. I use the media streamer for a slideshow, and even though I have the bandwidth saver turned off, the Roku keeps going back to the home page after 4 hours.

Worse yet is that the media streamer runs only on my local network, so there is absolutely no need to save any bandwidth.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi there! 
Sad to say, I’ve not found a solution to the 4-hour turn-off I am experiencing. Of course, Roku sez they aren’t going it on their end, YouTube, Frndly, CBS All Access, and 2 others that I watch only a little all say that it’s part of their programming and it can’t be changed. At least YouTube is looking into an option for users to adjust the time for the turn-off, but who knows when or if that will happen. I guess I’m getting used to now. That’s my only complaint about cutting the cable, as it were. 

0 Kudos