Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pethautwp
Level 7

Romulo sometimes slow, sometimes doesn't work

When I turn on the tv to the HDMI channel, the home screen generally comes on within 10-20 seconds. It might take another 10 seconds to connect. There can then sometimes be a lag of a minute or so before the remote responds, other times it never does. Once it does everything is fine.

Any thoughts?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Romulo sometimes slow, sometimes doesn't work

"Pethautwp" wrote:
When I turn on the tv to the HDMI channel, the home screen generally comes on within 10-20 seconds. It might take another 10 seconds to connect. There can then sometimes be a lag of a minute or so before the remote responds, other times it never does. Once it does everything is fine.

Any thoughts?

If you told us which Roku device (set-top box or stick) or Roku TV you had, we could probably help a little.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Pethautwp
Level 7

Roku stick Serial number 2MA53S009050
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"Pethautwp" wrote:
Roku stick Serial number 2MA53S009050

There's more than one model of Stick. Can you provide the model number? It's on the settings/about menu page.
It sounds like you might be powering the Stick from a USB port on the TV. Instead use the power cube that came with your stick and let us know if it's still so slow. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Pethautwp
Level 7

Would the roku player number be the one requested? If so 3500EU
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

OK, that should be the Roku purple case stick, the first version after the MHL specific version. The EU I hazard a guess means it's a European version, which may or may not be a hardware match to the North American version. Other than the processor speed, it likely is similar to my 3600 stick (black case). My personal opinion is that it's old enough to just think about replacement. The latest models are close to triple the power of yours, along with other improvements. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos