Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Rokus Sending wrong Zip Code to NHL.TV

I own a Roku Premier + and a Roku Ultra, and have done so for nearly 4 years.  I recently changed ISPs, and now, my NHL app is blacking me out of games to which I should have access.  In conversations with NHL.TV, they have informed me that my Rokus are now telling them that I live in an area 1.5 hours north of my location, which are under a different blackout situation than I should be in due to my actual Zip Code.

Is there any way to adjust the zip code information that the Rokus are sending to NHL.TV?  (For reference, if I were to play the NHL.TV on my iPhone, using my WiFi through my new ISP, I am in the correct viewing area, and am NOT blacked out of the games I should be seeing.... but I'd much prefer to watch hockey on my 42" TV instead of my 7" iPhone.)

Thank you in advance...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Rokus Sending wrong Zip Code to NHL.TV

Also, in the more information is always better... this wrong zip code issue is happening both using the wired connection of my Ultra to my new ISP modem, AND the Wireless connections on both the Ultra and the Premier+.  And I have done a full factory reset of my Premier+, to no avail.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Rokclmr 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue. We'd also recommend reaching out to the channel provider directly for more help and information regarding the availability of their service on the Roku platform in your area. They can also assist with any login or troubleshooting questions that you may have. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Danny—

Thank you so much for getting back with me.  I had a tech from my ISP at my place last night to review/repair the issue.  After demo’ing the problem, and having the Tech speak directly with NHL.TV to verify that I’m not crazy, he swapped out my new router with a different/newer router, and my location issue has been solved.  Phew. 

Lesson: even when your ISP tells you it can’t possibly be, prove it to them... and they will help fix the problem.

0 Kudos