Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timhorton
Reel Rookie

Roku3 no audio playing HDHomerun

HDHomerun is working on other devices including Roku Streaming Stick. Roku3 is playing perfectly with Amazon Prime, HBONow, Netflix. But it has no audio when playing HDHomerun.

Labels (1)
22 REPLIES 22
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku3 no audio playing HDHomerun

@timhorton 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
malarivi
Reel Rookie

Setting Audio Mode Dolby Digital allows for the required AC3 audio passthrough for the ATSC standard. Its under system settings.

Malarvi's post was helpful. I had to BOTH disable Stereo in audio settings, AND also set to Dolby. It didn't work until I did both.

parlos
Reel Rookie

I already tried all combinations, either setting audio to "Dolby Digital" in combination with "Auto DD" and "Stereo" as well as other audio options PCM, Dolby Digital +, etc.  None of them work. HD Homerun for Roku is the ONLY channel without audio... I do not think we as users should worry about special configurations.... we should be fine selecting "auto" in both of them, and let SiliconDust guys to come up with a decent app that just works. So far, it doesn't (Feb 1st 2021)

timhorton
Reel Rookie

Since my original post, I got the impression Roku was not going to spend time to support an older model like Roku 3. I since moved on and got a Fire Stick. Zero issue. I like to "tinker" and Fire Stick gives you more freedom for doing more.

0 Kudos
parlos
Reel Rookie

I am using the new SteeamingStick+ and does not work... video is ok, but no audio... unless you are ok reading the closed caption text to figure out what is being said, I do not recommend this app/channel, it is not finished. All other apps/channels work just fine. 

0 Kudos
MrMike

Yup, still not working on Roku 3. App removed, playing OTA through Emby instead.

0 Kudos
mmortal03
Roku Guru

It looks like TVs and projectors without the ability to decode Dolby Digital or AC3 audio over HDMI aren't supported:
"To hear audio, you need a TV, AV receiver, or soundbar that can decode Dolby Digital or AC3 audio over HDMI. Most modern TVs can do this, though we’ve noticed a few Samsung TVs cannot."
https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/roku

0 Kudos
Cynthsmthrmn
Reel Rookie

Disabling BOTH worked for me as well. Thank you. 

0 Kudos