Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku zooms in on tv after every commercial on Hulu

Jump to solution

@Jazmineyaw wrote:

Okay so I have Hulu live and everything I watch something after a commercial it zooms in and I can only see a portion of the show I’m watching. I have to completely exit out of Hulu to fix it but it does it again at the next commercial. I have unplugged the roku over night hoping that would help. Nothing seems to help. Anyone had this issue before? How do I fix it? It’s driving me nuts.

I don't have Hulu live, just regular Hulu. But I have been having the same problem the past couple of days!

So, I exit the program and resume playing. But, it then goes back to the commercial, and the screen is zoomed in again after the commercials replay.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku zooms in on tv after every commercial

Jump to solution

@yesngo wrote:

@Sarah5030 wrote:

I also have this problem especially with Hulu. I just have the basic plan. I have tried checking for updates for the roku restarting it nothing works we have rokus in many rooms of our house because we stream everything and only one does it, which makes me think it is the roku player and not the Hulu app. It has done it for several different things we have watched please let me know if you find a solution we are getting really annoyed

Are you using the same Roku device in the rooms that don't do it as the one that does?

I also have a Roku box, but I only have this problem with Hulu, not with any other service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Roku zooms in on tv after every commercial

Jump to solution

Yes I am using the same type of Roku in every room and only some do it. The person from Hulu that I talked to said that it can happen it is like certain batch numbers or models numbers or something (I can’t remember exactly what he said) so that could be the problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. I removed & reinstalled, but it didn't work.  I waited 30 minutes to chat with customer service and asked for a temporary upgrade to commercial free. They said no. So stupid because it costs them nothing to do and they'd probably have a lot of people choose to stay with a higher priced plan even after the problem is fixed. They offered me a pittance of 1 week credit and suggested I watch on a laptop or phone in the meantime. I'm not too impressed with Hulu right now. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having the same issue.  It's always after an ad plays on Hulu.  Having no issues with other applications so far.  Roku and Hulu need to get together and fix this.  Sounds like they are basically blaming it on each other.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It appears the fix is to change your viewing settings in Roku from 1080p to 720p. Something about refresh rates...... language I don’t speak, but it works. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@memelord wrote:

It appears the fix is to change your viewing settings in Roku from 1080p to 720p. Something about refresh rates...... language I don’t speak, but it works. 

This worked for me. Thank you! 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

My TV was already on 720p. I changed it to a 1080p and back. That didn't work for me, but thanks for sharing. If anyone else can think of something else that no one has already mentioned, let us know. Thanks

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks for the tip! I changed to 720p in Roku settings, and so far so good! I was bummed to have to do that since I have a 4K TV, but it seems the commercial breaks are shorter, so that's a plus. 

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Not that this helped me, but did you put it on auto-detect. Mine originally worked with that.

0 Kudos